Poet’s Beat ~ A Vast Confusion by Lawrence Ferlinghetti ~ Stolen Moments by Oliver Nelson

Movement in the Heart of the Universe

Movement in the Heart of the Universe

“Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination & charm & gaiety to life.”  ~ Plato

It is that time again.  Saturdays have become my day to prep, pamper, and prepare myself for renewal and spiritual enrichment.  It is a way to wash away the dirt of life’s suffering like waves upon our souls to rinse the confusion of our minds and rejuvenate the ocean of our existence.  It means to Relax, Breathe and Awaken to the what is happening now.  I like to consider it a Mindfulness Spa Moment to reclaim the joy and beauty of life as it is.  Not over thinking to the point of being confused, lost and devoid of wisdom.  Give a listen to Stolen Moments and feel the words of Ferlinghetti bring peace, clarity and contentment.  That is the secret to living life instead of surviving until the next life happening.  What about you, what does Saturday mean?  Just the day before Sunday and the day after Friday?  Peace Out!  JBC

“Stolen Moments” from The Blues And The Abstract Truth by Oliver Nelson. Released: 1961.

A Vast Confusion

by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Long long I lay in the sands

Sounds of trains in the surf
in subways of the sea
And an even greater undersound
of a vast confusion in the universe
a rumbling and a roaring
as of some enormous creature turning
under sea and earth
a billion sotto voices murmuring
a vast muttering
a swelling stuttering
in ocean’s speakers
world’s voice-box heard with ear to sand
a shocked echoing
a shocking shouting
of all life’s voices lost in night
And the tape of it
someow running backwards now
through the Moog Synthesizer of time
Chaos unscrambled
back to the first
harmonies
And the first light

Copyright © 2011-2014 by Jannat Marie/Jazzybeatchick. All rights Reserved.

This material has been copyrighted,  feel free to share it with others; it can be distributed via social media or pingbacks or added to websites; please do not change the original content and, provide appropriate credit by including the author’s name @ http://jazzybeatchick.com and your readers shall not be charged by you under any circumstance.

, , , , , , , , ,

1. #1 by ileneonwords on March 24, 2014 - 3:17 am

Enjoyed this! I did a brief posting to celebrate Ferlinghetti’s 95th BD today!

2. #3 by ajshark38 on March 16, 2014 - 7:24 am

JBC – just want to share with you my love for jazz and how near and dear it’s been to me for so many years. “Stolen Moments” by Oliver Nelson was actually the tune that won me over from being just a Part-time listener… To becoming the founder and creator of “The Jazz Half” movement.

Thanks so much for your insightfulness, and refreshing words that helps clear the cobwebs of confusion from MY mind :-) Peace.

– A

• #4 by Jazzybeatchick on March 16, 2014 - 7:26 am

Thank you for the wonderful comment. Let me know if there is anything I can do…Peace Out! JBC 8-)

3. #5 by Susan P on March 15, 2014 - 12:02 pm

Like, like with extra like sauce!

• #6 by Jazzybeatchick on March 16, 2014 - 6:50 am

Thanks, I am smilin’ on the inside! JBC 8-)

4. #7 by Carol Balawyder on March 15, 2014 - 10:17 am

I agree totally with avian101! Your blog is great on so many levels: the quotes, your insights, photos and great jazz.
    What do Saturdays mean to me? More laid back time (and this piece of jazz is just perfect).

• #8 by Jazzybeatchick on March 16, 2014 - 6:48 am

Right On! I feel the very same way as you and avian101. Peace Out my friends, JBC 8-)

5. #9 by avian101 on March 15, 2014 - 9:58 am

You have an impeccable taste for the best Jazz that I love to listen. Thank you for your great blog! I’m delighted! :)

• #10 by Jazzybeatchick on March 15, 2014 - 10:01 am

Thank you so much. My compliments to your blog as well. Peace…JBC 8-)

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,512 other followers